White City

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sun Aug 1 13:02:06 CDT 2004

> Assuming I'm right that this is about Keith Moon (or Pete identifying with
> Keith Moon), did it help to write a new ending to the story?  Keith/Pete
> puts his life back together and renews a relationship with his estranged
> wife?  Goes back on the road with the band?

When you say "new ending to the story," do you mean a different outcome
than what happened in real life?

I just don't see how you can see Jim as a Keith/Pete representation when
the album & movie make it explicitly clear that Pete & Jimmy are two separate
people, one having gone off & escaped the "prison" of White City (Pete) while
the other having to remain behind & scratch out a living for himself (Jim).

And one gets the impression the Pete feels Jim's story is just as important
& tragic as any overblown rock star's trials & tribulations may be.  This is
Pete expressing that humanistic spirituality.  Tragedy & glory in the existence
& minutia of the common man.  This is where Pete excels, IMO.

- SCHRADE in Akron

John Kerry For President
http://www.johnkerry.com/