Insurance for "heritage" rock acts

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 00:00:31 CDT 2004

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5569168/site/newsweek/

Here's a contrast Brian's article.  Really BAAAAD picture of Jagger here,
and a decent one of Cher.  Mention of John Entwistle.

It's interesting to know that tour insurance premiums have risen sharply,
but it's also interesting what they say about "heritage" acts being the
dependable money makers.  We've talked about likely changes in the music
business, but we haven't especially looked forward to the day when all the
big name acts will exit the business.  Who's coming along to replace them?
Pearl Jam.  Radiohead.  Anybody else?  Not a good prospect for the business.

keets