who's in NY

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sun Apr 25 10:36:19 CDT 2004

> "If I can....MAKE it there...I can make it...ANYwhere...

Except if your car gets towed.  My "New York City Anecdote #62"
from 1989.

> I'd imagine they got rid of that piss smell that permeated the air
> back then.

Yeah, it's gone.  But the stink of the Disney Corporation in the Times
Square area is even stronger, & just as disheartening.

Last few times I was there the only "seedy" part of Manhattan was
the Alphabet City area but I hear that all that's being developed
& upgraded now, as well.

> Scott, don't you dare visit Ground Zero until I get there Saturday
> morning.

Check.  Knowing all the emotions that's gonna elicit, it may help to
have someone there to talk to.  I still remember my last "in person"
glance at the World Trade Towers.  It was at night, on my last visit
to the city, about a week before 9/11.  I haven't been back since.

> I hear the party is at Magic's !

That's one party I wanna be at!  Anybody get in touch with him?

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/