Who are you?

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 07:10:19 CDT 2004

> put Martha in jail.  That will nip insider trading
> in the bud.

Debbie:

That was great, thanks for the morning laugh!

> All that self-stroking had to lead to something!

Kevin:

Disgusting.

> What to do....

Boston...now that's two days before my daughter's
graduation. I could make a trip out of it, to Boston
then to Spartanburg...

> What we have in their absence is a quandary. No fan
> would deny Pete
> Townshend's and Roger Daltrey's right to the Who
> trademark.

THAT'S certainly not true!

> use of it for
> the purposes of mass entertainment, let alone the
> always suspect
> corollary of turning a few million quid.

"You see my way..."

> The Who, you see, more than most rock bands of the
> 1960s, were
> strictly the sum of their parts.

Exactly. See, Kevin! My point exactly! I'm not the
only one who feels this way.

> son of former
> Beatle Ringo Starr, his pedigree didn't hurt,
> either.

I don't agree with this, though. I don't care who's
his dad, it's about how he plays.

> That day, the line between inimitable superhero
> trailblazers and
> crack stadium cover band was crossed.

Bingo!

> simulating the sound, energy and greatest hits of
> the Who

Please note the word "simulating."

> >From a band that enshrined the line "Hope I die
> before I get old",
> this crafty act of partial cloning crosses the
> boundary between
> disappointment and betrayal.

Very accurate. My feelings exactly.

"My job is to, like, think beyond the immediate."
        George "but I never have" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML