Mediocrity and what's lucky

Schrade, Scott sschrade at ascpl.lib.oh.us
Wed Apr 21 10:18:41 CDT 2004

> The point is: when The Who start doing things other
> more common bands are doing, that's sliding into
> mediocrity.

Oh, come on.  That's record company bullshit.  That's got nothing to do
with the band's integrity or importance.  It'd be pretty hard for any
major band these days to avoid "doing things other more common bands are
doing."  What does that mean?

> And, just so you know, even The Kinks haven't done this.

Yeah, there are a lot of things the Kinks haven't done that The Who have.

> Doesn't Now And Then have the "Who the Hell" version on it?

No, THEN & NOW has the version which contains the "Who the fuck are you"
line but has the last verse ("I know there's a place you walk....") edited
out.  It's the shortened version, not the "Who the hell are you" version.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/