FCC indecency crackdown affecting The Who

Jim M petenotped at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 05:20:14 CDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: <JOELTLE515 at aol.com>

> what exactly is a "fuck" in this context? I don't get it.

Just don't think too hard.  It's simply a gratuitous use of the word to mean
a person, like "You lucky fuck."  It could just have easily been "duck."  At
first I thought, great, why give one more reason for the song not to be
played on the radio?  But, these days, with nearly every song having a lyric
or two blanked out, maybe they thought it would sound cool with the kiddies?

Jim M