How good is this Celtics team anyway?

Greg Allen via celtics celtics at igtc.com
Sat Nov 21 19:36:53 UTC 2015

A great effort leads to an easy win over the Nets.  Here's a nice article that sort of sums up where we are at:  http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4721047/focus-should-be-on-these-celtics-not-the-nets-pick

I found this quote particularly interesting:  "With Friday's win, the Celtics dropped their defensive rating (points allowed per 100 possessions) to 95.0 for the season, moving them into a tie for the top spot in the league alongside the San Antonio Spurs.

Drink that in for a moment: The Celtics are the best defensive team in the league through the first 15 percent of the season. Boston doesn't have the obvious superstar talent that most believe is needed to truly compete for a title, but what coach Brad Stevens does have is a hungry and versatile group that's turned in some inspired basketball over the past two weeks."

The  Celtics have won 6 of their last 8 games with an average margin of victory of 17.5 points!  They have climbed up the power index, and were sitting at number 7 going into last night's game.  Now, we are still early in the season, but I think it is safe to say that so far the Celtics are living up to, or exceeding, the expectations of their fans (green glasses and all).  Great fun to watch their games.