Game 3

Alex Goldblatt via celtics celtics at igtc.com
Fri Jul 10 14:46:08 UTC 2015

Not sure if it went unnoticed: C's were changing Smart's D assignments: he
ended up guarding best scorer on Spurs (6'9" forward, #4 scorer in SL) -
and held him to 2-12 shooting.

I already brought up analogy, and will stick to it: he has a chance to
become next gen JKidd - only PG in the NBA history capable of defending 3
positions. Does anyone remember how badly Pierce looked being defended by
JKidd?!!!

- both 6'4", 205 vs. 230
- JKidd could not shoot for the life of it until his 30s - Smart shoots
treys coming off the screens and fading a-la Curry today!
- First season JKidd had 11.7 ppg, 7.7 apg, 5.4 rpg in 33.8 mpg (!!!!).
Take a look at Smart's stats - not all that far off

Biggest difference is the court vision. Smart getting it, and looks totally
different man in SL. I think it's just a matter of confidence: explains why
he was never a part of the pre-draft negotiations. KEEPER!!!!

AG