Eggy, Eggy, Eggy ...

Peter Delevett pdelevett at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 01:43:00 UTC 2013

The whole point of my suggestion was that if the team is in fact committed to a "tank for the draft" strategy, getting rid of three guys who aren't part of our long-term future in exchange for one guy who isn't part of our long-term future, and whose contract expires one year earlier, might not be a bad approach.

The fact that this trade would make the team worse (in the short term) is exactly the idea. Not that I'm necessarily advocating for that; it was an intellectual exercise.