Three Celtic Stories

BDodgers at aol.com BDodgers at aol.com
Sat Nov 9 21:44:49 UTC 2013

_No clearance yet for Rondo _
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=17589)
By Nick  Borges |  ESPN.com
    *
(http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=17589&text=No+clearance+yet+for+Rondo)     *
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=17589#comments)    *       *
 (http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/print?id=17589)

According to _ESPNBoston.com_
(http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4708049/ainge-offers-minor-rondo-update) , Celtics president of
basketball operations Danny Ainge said  Thursday during his weekly radio appearance
that point guard_Rajon Rondo_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3026/rajon-rondo)  is progressing nicely, however he is  still a ways away from
getting complete clearance from the medical staff.

"Rondo is practicing,  he's been cleared to have some contact, like 1-on-1,
but not 5-on-5 full-court  practice yet," said Ainge. "We’re just taking it
week by week right now, but  he's not ready to come back this week. I'm not
sure when he'll be cleared, but  he's working really hard and we're anxious
to get him ready to go."

Head coach Brad Stevens has  decided to shift _Avery Bradley_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4240/avery-bradley)  over to shooting guard, his
natural  position, and start _Jordan Crawford_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4243/jordan-crawford)  at point guard. Stevens may go with  Crawford in
that spot until Rondo is ready to return to the active  roster.
Tags:
_Rajon  Rondo_
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/tag/_/name/rajon-rondo) , _Jordan  Crawford_
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/tag/_/name/jordan-crawford) , _Avery  Bradley_
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/tag/_/name/avery-bradley)

_Are Bradley's days at PG over? _
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=17582)
By Joe  Kaiser |  ESPN.com
    *
(https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=17582&t=Are+Bradley's+days+at+PG+over?)  *
(http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/pos
t?id=17582&text=Are+Bradley's+days+at+PG+over?)     *
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=17582#comments)    *
(http://sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/
nba/rumors/post?id=17582&title=Are+Bradley's+days+at+PG+over?)  *
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/print?id=17582)

_Gary Dzen of Boston.com_
(http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2013/11/5_early_observations_--_and_one_big_takeway_--_fr
om_the_celt.html?camp=twit:celtics&SREF=Optin&dlvrit=834396)  writes  today
that  (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4240/avery-bradley) _Avery
Bradley_ (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4240/avery-bradley) 's inability to
handle the point is one of the top observations to be taken from the
Celtics'  opening week of the regular season.

"Bradley can't run the  offense," he writes. "Brad Stevens started Bradley
at shooting guard (Wednesday)  night alongside
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4243/jordan-crawford) _Jordan Crawford_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4243/jordan-crawford) , and the  results were much better. Heading
into the game the Celtics were averaging a  league-worst 21 turnovers per
game. That number dropped to 14 vs. the Jazz.

"I'm one of Bradley's biggest  supporters, but through five games he's
averaging 3.4 turnovers to 2.6 assists.  On the other hand, Crawford has
averaged 3 assists and 1 turnover per  game."

Now, to be fair,  Crawford had the benefit of playing a Utah team that's
currently in an even  worse place at the point, relying on
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1024/jamaal-tinsley) _Jamaal Tinsley_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1024/jamaal-tinsley)  and
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2866/john-lucas-iii) _John Lucas III_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2866/john-lucas-iii) , but the  knock on Bradley's point guard skills is
hardly breaking news.

With Boston looking like its  going to be in rebuild mode this season, the
better question going forward is  whether Bradley can be their two-guard of
the future. He's due to become a  restricted free agent after the season, so
that could all come down to how well  he plays over the next six months.
And for the time being, don't be surprised if  Stevens starts relying more on
Crawford and _Phil Pressey_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2530722/phil-pressey)  to handle the point guard duties until  Rondo returns.

_No time for Humphries _
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=17602)
By Nick  Borges |  ESPN.com
    *
(https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=17602&t=No+time+for+Humphries)   *
(http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=176
02&text=No+time+for+Humphries)  *
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=17602#comments)    *
(http://sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=1
7602&title=No+time+for+Humphries)   *
(http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/print?id=17602)

_Kris Humphries_ (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2433/kris-humphries)
is in the final year of his contract,  paying a team-high $12 million, and
so far he's only played 27 minutes over two  games. Why isn't he playing
more? Because the _Boston Celtics_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/bos/boston-celtics)  are in a rebuilding year and they want  to give the minutes at
power forward and center to _Brandon Bass_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2745/brandon-bass) , _Vitor Faverani_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3046453/vitor-faverani) , _Kelly Olynyk_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2489663/kelly-olynyk)  and _Jared Sullinger_
(http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6624/jared-sullinger)  since they are part of the future and
Humphries' days are numbered.

"First of all, it's  really a hard call," head coach Brad Stevens tells
_CSN New England_
(http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/time-isnt-right-celtics-humphries) . "We talked about it the other day before we played  Memphis.
There's not much separation between those five guys (including Brandon  Bass);
there's really not. And I also don't think that's been our biggest issue.
I think our front line's been good. I don't think it's been perfect, but
it's  been good. And I'm trying to figure out how we can play those five guys,
because  they're all five very productive players for us. It's just been a
matter of  numbers, it really has."

Humphries will probably stick  with the Celtics through the Feb. 20 trade
deadline, however as March 1 gets  closer he and the team will likely agree
to a buyout. This will allow him to  hook up with a 2014 playoff team and the
Celtics can increase their room below  the luxury tax line.

Playoff teams that might call  Humphries, should he become a free agent,
include Chicago, New York, Indiana, LA  Clippers, Minnesota, Oklahoma City and
San  Antonio.