Reality Bites: ESPN Ranks The Celtics 6th

phelpsfan at cox.net phelpsfan at cox.net
Sat Sep 29 23:13:34 UTC 2012

I agree with you on the Lakers.  For the past 4 to 5 years, all the so-called experts did nothing but mention how "old" the Celtics are/were.  Yet, their starting pg will be 39 at All Star break, Kobe 34 by the start of the season, and a couple of 32 plus year olds in the corners.  Howard (though still one of the best defensive players in the league) is coming off back surgery. Will he be 100%? One of their first off the bench is Jamison, who is 36 plus. Blake (I think he's still with them, is 32.  So forgetting chemistry for the time being, wouldn't you say that they are in the same "old" boat the C's were in? And I don't think thier bench is as talented as ours. I'm not ready to hand them the Western crown just yet.