Just curious

douglas342 at aol.com douglas342 at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 00:31:27 UTC 2012

Good stuff.  I'll give it a shot.

Terry:  no answer, but maybe he simply didn't fit into Dallas's plans and Danny swept him up real fast.  While the Cs may not be Miami or OkC, they're a team with a decent title shot.  "I got a year or so left and have a chance to take over for Ray Allen on a very good team; a chance to take passes from Rondo, a chance to play with Garnett, a chance to play for Doc Rivers.  Sounds reasonable to me.  Why do I care if Sacramento will offer me more?"

Milicic:  he fills a need for a backup center and came cheap.  Better than Collins, isn't he?  Now, we ain't talking Russell/Olajuwon here, but still, this is a reasonable signing in my mind.

Green:  OK, you got me.  This IS a crapload of money for no easily apparent reason.  Trade him back to OkC for Perk?  (<g>)

Dooling:  murky; I hadn't been aware of the waiver - I thought he just retired.  Who knows?  Maybe he is actually the person who just says "I've had enough.  Why hang out another year at league minimum?"**  I thought he had plenty to offer this coming year.  Maybe the team didn't think so, but I'm not sure who else they plan on at backup point.  Waive him to keep one of the young bodies as future trade bait?  You're talking about the far end of the bench here - Dooling was maybe the #8 guy in the rotation, or even #9.

Falk: why not?  Slippery, but that's life in the NBA.

**As one who may retire in the next year, I may want to spend more time with my family, but whether my family wants to spend more time with me is a very different question.