GS: Tony Allen

Ryan W ubiquitous_am_i at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 05:32:24 UTC 2009

The first one was a terrible call (one of many tonight--in fact the last 4 on Ray Allen were all bullshit calls).  Gordon and TA just got tangled up after the shot and the refs fell for it.  The other one--the foul on Gordon's 3-ball attempt--was a good basketball play made at the wrong time and place.  An error of aggression and intensity.  Before and after that foul, TA played excellent defense on Gordon (who made some crazy, straight-out-of-his-ass shots) down the stretch.  Doc, in fact, credited TA and Perk for fueling the defensive intensity that led the late 4th quarter comeback.  TA made a positive difference out there tonight and it's because he can defend.

At this point in the series, Eddie House has proved unable to get open on the perimeter, and is increasingly being exploited on defense (especially with pick-and-rolls that isolate him on Rose or Gordon).  Marbury is still unsure of himself (I think that's going to change after tonight's game).  TA can at least do ONE thing right now, and it happens to be our ONLY way of advancing--defense.  We need him to tighten our defense.

TA should get 15-20 minutes on Thursday.  If he does, we'll win.

Ryan