KG rumor

Ryan W ubiquitous_am_i at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 17:02:06 UTC 2009

Yeah, I've assumed all along that KG would attempt a comeback provided we stay in the playoffs long enough.  The question is: how long can he comeback for?  He came back for 4 games last time, playing 15 minutes a night.  That won't be quite enough this time...

Yes, Gordon does have a hamstring problem, which makes our continued reliance on the Paul Pierce post-up play at the top of the key down the stretch in Game 4 that much more stupid.  Not only was Paul not hitting that shot, or making anything happen with the pick-and-roll, Gordon was allowed to rest on defense when we should have been exploiting his injury.  Ray was getting open all day against Gordon and his bad leg yet in the 2nd overtime we didn't run our offense, didn't get Ray any shots, or let Ray take Gordon on in a pick-and-roll.  I've changed my tune on Doc, but that was a coaching error right there and we sure as hell better come out an go after Gordon tonight, no question about it...

I'd love Portland to make it to the 2nd round.  They've beaten the Lakers like 7 straight times in Portland, and there's some bad blood between the 2 teams.  An upset is a possibility.

Ryan