on Stephon

gene kirkpatrick gk_tyler at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 23:56:29 UTC 2009

I just read Bob Ryan's column and disagreed on one major item.  I think Stephon is playing a positive role.  His big void is the lack of scoring, which is just a confidence issue.  But his ability to get the ball into the lane and find the open man is his necessary contribution.  He sets up shooters well; it's not his fault if they aren't hitting.  He also is playing effective defense, much better than House.  So, I don't see him as hurting us.  If Pruitt had come on as hoped, it would be different, but I want to see Stephon out there as #2 point.  Cheers and welcome back Scal.  Gene