walker

steve knight stevebknight at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 16:09:05 UTC 2009

i haven't seen anything from walker that would lead me to believe he's going to fill pp's shoes, though he does appear to have an nba career in front of him. i've seen a lively body/banger who can play some d, but no offensive game to speak of.

but yes, it is nice to know that we have some pieces going forward. rondo and perk will be top-tier at their positions for years to come, and baby and powe are very solid contributors. i've been particularly impressed with baby, who's got to be one of the best 2nd rounders in the game today. i still like tony, who looked decent once he got his legs in the second half--had a couple nice defensive plays and a sweet drop-off assist to perk, i think. hope he gets some time in the next few weeks. i think doc knows tony is a rhythm player. out of rhythm, he's a turnover prone, low-confidence player. in rhythm, he's a confident slasher and defender.

i am worried about being short up front if leon and garnett aren't at least serviceable for the playoffs. good thing we got mm.

looking forward to the next few games to see if mm, tony and marbury can hit a groove going into the playoffs. marbury is looking better the last few games.

key to the playoffs: rondo staying aggressive and getting good production from the bench. and of course a healthy kg.

Message: 8