Hawks: Celtics better without KG

BDodgers at aol.com BDodgers at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 17:22:24 UTC 2009

_Hawks:  Celtics better without KG_
(http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/97911-hawks-celtics-better-without-kg)

That's what _Hawks_ (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4541)   coach
Mike Woodson said following his team's 104-92 loss to the _Celtics_
(http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4542)   tonight. "They're not that much different,"
said Woodson. "KG, he's just a  double-double guy, and I think Big Baby and
Perkins are filling up that void  of him not being in there, I think they're
doing an excellent job. A lot of  that has to do with the fact that they've won
the title so they've been  through the ringer, they've been through big games
last year in the playoffs  so they don't shy away from it."
_Hawks_ (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4541)  forward _Josh Smith_
(http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4425)  said he  thinks Garnett's
absence actually helps the _Celtics_ (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4542) .
 "I think it is kind of a gift for them to have KG out of the lineup because
they are going to need guys like that to come in and step up," said Smith.
"Big Baby has been doing it all season, I've been watching the _Celtics_
(http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4542)   play and he's been able to make an
impact for their team, not just tonight but  for the whole season."
Despite Smith's praise, Davis said he still expects teams  to dare him to
shoot during the playoffs. "Most definitely," said Davis. "They  don't believe in
me yet, but I just got to keep working hard, make sure I keep  doing what I
have to do for my team."

_Boston Globe_
(http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/04/no_different_wi.html)