D. West may be on outs in Seattle

mark at 10thumbs.org mark at 10thumbs.org
Thu Jan 31 09:04:21 CST 2008

I'm 99% sure that the NBA changed the rule --- exactly b/c of Payton's
short stint in Atlanta --- so that a player waived cannot sign with the
same team he was waived from until the offseason.

That said, i'd be real interested in making a Scalabrine-like offer to
Delonte West this offseason if he's not resigned by Seattle.

(the other) mark

--------

If Seattle waive Delonte (not likely) then we can sign him after he clears
waivers (48 hours later) a la Gary Payton's short stint in Atlanta then
back to Boston (in 2005).