WTF!!!!!!!! Scal Starts!

Ryan W ubiquitous_am_i at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 19:08:58 CST 2008

Doc completely blew his rotations today, but he did
have a plausible reason for playing Scal: he needed
his defense on Lewis.  But in a starting role?  Scal
is a better matchup than Baby or Powe against Lewis,
but Posey is an even better matchup.  If Doc had a
brain, he would have started Posey, used Powe as
backup center and Baby as backup four (when Lewis
wasn't in the game).  KG brings so much to the table
and in this game we especially missed his passing and
rebounding, something Baby could have supplied.
Additionally, in a game where KG doesn't play, it's
crazy that Baby didn't get one freaking minute.  Scal
is the 12th man.  He hasn't done a thing all year, and
in a season when non-rotation players like Powe and
Pollard have at least shown an ability to perform when
called upon, I find it weird that Scal continues to
get minutes when he has yet to make a meaningful
contribution.  Yes, he knows the plays and plays
passable defense given his lack of athleticism, but on
the best team in the NBA, we need more from him if
he's going to play.  Chris Andersen would be 10 times
better and would be a good player to target if KG's
abdominal muscle takes it's time healing.

As for the point guard issue, I don't think it's as
important.  Doc needs to give Rondo the ball and let
him make point guard decisions.  That means breaking
down the defense and either hitting the lay-up or
making the pass.  Nobody can stop Rondo when he has
the ball, and yet in the past three games against poor
defenders like Calderon, Telfair, and Arroyo, Rondo
has not exploited this advantage.  Part of this is
Rondo being young and inexperienced, but part of this
is Doc not giving him the kick in the ass necessary.
Rondo is sometimes our best option, yet Doc will
continue to feed KG, Paul or Ray.  That needs to stop,
especially with KG out.

As for the backup position, House has been
inconsistent with his shot for the last 2 weeks.  If
you think he hurts us as a backup point guard when
he's not hitting his shot, imagine how he'll hurt us
as a 2 guard not hitting his shot and being at a
constant disadvantage defensively.  You bring in
Stoudamire to this situation and I think House
continues to be backup point, but loses a lot of his
minutes; or, in a worse-case scenario, we play with a
small-assback court.  Honestly, I don't trust Doc with
Stoudamire because I think it'll really mess up our
rotation.  Cassell's a better option because he's tall
enough and crafty enough to play 2 guards, which would
allow us to play House at the one on defense.

Last, Tony Allen doesn't belong on the bench.  He
needs to play and he needs to play at Ray Allen's
expense.  Little by little, bit by bit, he's coming
around and it's this part of the season that he should
really be fed the minutes he needs to get back to
where he was. His defense, rebounding, and breakdown
dribble ability are sorely needed right now.
Personally, I'd toy with starting Tony, and bring Ray
off the bench.  We need a jolt of energy, especially
defensively.  And Ray needs a jolt of something too.
I think if he could accept the sixth man role, a
lineup of House, Ray, Posey, Baby, and Powe could
really do good things for us.

In conclusion, I think Doc has made some really poor
substitutions during our recent lull, and Scal's start
was just yet another example of that.  But even worse
is how certain players--Rondo, Ray, and Tony--are
being implemented.  If KG's injury is going to be a
blessing, it's because we used it to augment Rondo's
point guard role in the offense, and got Baby more
minutes at the four.  And if Ray continues to
struggle, we need to look at starting Tony, which will
both help him continue his return from injury and
bring more energy and defense to the starting lineup
(which is much needed with KG out), and which will
also hopefully jump start Ray's season, which for one
reason or another has been quite mediocre so far.

Ryan
--- Troy Hash <troynsusiehash at alltel.net> wrote:

> Yes, it it IS Doc's fault for putting THE biggest
> stiff in the NBA in any
> game, let alone 22 minutes!  What did 22 minutes get
> us?  ONE freakin
> rebound!! 1!!!!  This is the main worry I have with
> the Celts, Doc can and
> will find ways to beat us.  He will/he does!! Yes we
> have only lost 8 times
> but in close games, I do not like our chances with
> the 'shooters of jump!"
>

> My other question, where was BIG BABY?  We are
> getting killed on the boards,
> can't score on the inside and he doesn't get in the
> game??!!!  See above
> point!!
>
> It is so hard to have to be so much better than the
> other teams to overcome
> the Doc factor.  It WILL rear its ugly head come
> playoff time.  Hopefully,
> we sign Damon on Wed.  get Rondo some relief and
> move House to 2 G where he
> belongs and put T Allen on the bench where he
> belongs.  Lets hope more than
> anything, that KG heals quickly & completely!!  Troy

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.invensys.com/legal/default.asp?top_nav_id=77&nav_id=80&prev_id=77
> .
> >>
> >> If you have received this e-mail in error, you
> are on notice of its
> >> status. Please notify us immediately by reply
> e-mail and then delete this
> >> message from your system. Thank you for your
> co-operation. You may
> >> contact
> >> our Helpdesk on +44 (0)20 7821 3859 / 2105 or
> email
> >> inet.hqhelpdesk at invensys.com. This e-mail and any
> attachments thereto may
> >> be subject to the terms of any agreements between
> Invensys (and/or its
> >> subsidiaries and affiliates) and the recipient
> (and/or its subsidiaries
> >> and affiliates).

> > * Confidentiality Notice:
> > This e-mail and any associated files are intended
> solely for the
> > individual
> > or entity to whom they are addressed. Please do
> not copy it or use it for
> > any purposes, or disclose its contents to any
> other person. Further, this
> > e-mail and any associated files may be
> confidential and further may be
> > legally privileged. This email is from the
> Invensys Process Systems
> > business
> > unit of Invensys plc which is a company registered
> in
=== message truncated ===