Pollard + Crappy + No R.Allen, Davis=loss

Enrile, Roy renrile at qualcomm.com
Thu Jan 10 12:39:16 CST 2008

The details were that the C's shot 42% & the Cats shot 49%(with a 4
guard smallball lineup, and pickNrolls to the backup center).

Actually Pollard, Scal, Rajon didn't hurt the C's with terrible games
(although Brian threw up two classic "miss by 3ft airballs" at the
beginning).

The real problems were
1. The Bobcat smallball PF/SF (GeraldWallace/Richardson) are far quicker
athletes than anything the C's have seen at those positions all year.
They outhustled/outquicked the C's big frontcourts (Perk/KG/Paul
Pollard/Scal/Posey).  Even KG kept getting burned off the dribble.

2. Backup center Nazhr seemed to run the exact same 3ptline pick, roll
for about 10 times without missing.  It's weird, usually the C's small
guys are agressively swarm the basket area when our bigs blitz the
PickNRoll ballhandler.

3. Paul/Eddie had cold shooting nights and missed a ton of J's.

The C's are smart enough to correct those mistakes.  Charlotte scrapped
so hard, that they deserved the win.