Celtics' Allen has pinched nerve, likely out

BDodgers at aol.com BDodgers at aol.com
Tue Jan 8 17:42:27 CST 2008

Celtics' Allen has pinched nerve, likely out

WALTHAM, Mass. (AP) -- Celtics guard Ray Allen has a pinched nerve in his
neck and is doubtful for Wednesday's home game against the Charlotte Bobcats,
coach Doc Rivers said.
"It's not anything that's going to last," Rivers said after practice Tuesday,
adding he expects Allen to play Friday at New Jersey. "It's a pinched nerve,
it is what it is. From my understanding, it's day to day."
Allen, who is averaging 18 points, doesn't know how he got hurt. He said he
has been experiencing soreness in his right shoulder, tingling in his arm and
numbness in his fingers for several days.
"The last two days or so it got a little worse to where I couldn't sleep,"
said Allen, acquired by the Celtics in a draft-day trade with Seattle. "Any way
I turned, there was a real sharp pain back there."
The Celtics also could be without Glen Davis against the Bobcats. He did not
practice Tuesday while icing his sore right knee, which he injured in
Saturday's win at Detroit when he had a career-high 20 points.