Point guard not named Rajon

douglas342 at aol.com douglas342 at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 15:17:52 CST 2008

I thought I saw something in the paper a few days ago that said that
Payton's people did approach Ainge, but Ainge said, "No thanks."
Interesting - I wonder if it was felt that his personality wasn't right
for the position.  Is a future hall of famer ready to play backup to a
second-year guy?

As for Cassell, he's been hurt most of the year and, while he is
playing, he's still nowhere near 100%.  He's also 38 years old.  For
minimum money for the rest of the year, maybe, but no more.

With two open slots, it's hard to imagine that there isn't a veteran PG
out there, but right now they're playing everyone except Scal and Powe,
so they'd have to put one of those two in civvies for a new PG.  (The
CAN only dress 12, right?)