Point guard not named Rajon

Michael Gooen callmebogie at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 16:59:25 CST 2008

I actually didn't have a problem with Allen being in there - my problem was with allowing him to keep dribbling once he brought the ball across half court.  When Rondo's out of there, all of the players need to help whoever is bringing up the ball (akin to a "max protect" package in football).  That'll take time off the shot clock, but I'd rather see that than see Tony Allen (or Pierce, for that matter) over-dribbling.

I was amazed the Pistons didn't start pressing Allen - all of his problems down the stretch seemed to occur in the front court.

And just because Davis had a breakout game (all hail the 7'5" Immense Infant), let's not overlook the excellent job Pollard's been doing during his time out there.  The Cs now have a legit 10 man rotation.  As intrigued as I am by the possibility of acquiring an experienced point guard (Payton?) or an experienced big man (Webber?), I don't want the Cs messing with this wonderful chemistry.  That said, if Sam Cassell forces a buyout, I'd be hard pressed to say no.

Anyone sorry to have James Posey over Reggie Miller?

Michael Gooen