The East

keltsfan keltsfan at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 12:57:41 CDT 2007

Assuming Jefferson stays and provides the low post scoring for Pierce and
Allen, then the question becomes what can Ainge do to put this team in
better position to compete on a higher level?  What veterans can he bring in
assuming Pierce and Allen increase other players' desire to play for the
Celtics?

Kirilenko is a definite yes.  Great defensive player that doesn't need too
many shots to feed to his ego and other than the poor shot, his all-around
game is top-notch. Another high bbIQ guy.

Would Utah accept Ratliff and Green?  Are they trying to move salary or do
they want equal talent back?

A starting lineup of Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Jefferson and Kirilenko with
Perkins, T. Allen, Gomes, Scalabrine,  and Pruitt isn't so bad.  A definite
playoff team and if Rondo and Jefferson are ready to take the next step up
the NBA ladder, a possible Eastern Conference contender this season.  A
Kirilenko trade doesn't mortgage  the future like a Garnett deal would.
Kirilenko is only 26, Jefferson 23 and Rondo 21.

So if the Celtics can walk away from the draft with Ray Allen and Kirilenko
for Wally Sczcerbiak, Delonte West, Theo Ratliff, Gerald Green and the #5
pick, that's an amazing deal for Ainge.

Ravi

Of