Suns Rumors

Pereira, Jorge M jpereira at rwmc.org
Mon Jun 11 17:02:04 CDT 2007

Hi all,

Just sticking my head out of the gopher hole to put in my 2 cents on the
latest trades/draft possibility.  1st, I don't consider the added Celt
players just fodder.  The Suns would make out like bandits.  A quick
forward in Gomes in the western conference, a potential offensive force
in West in a situation where missing a few shots is not the end of the
world, as long as you keep shooting, and Allen who on his last western
trip just plain pulverized the "defenses" he faced, including the Suns'.
(I remember thinking during that exact game-"Boy, Allen would be
terrific over a long season in the Western conference.") In fact, the
player the Suns really want is Allen, hoping he can revert to his best.
He adds a new dimension to their offense (power driving, 20 sure
points), and to the defense (actually defends, and very well).  On top
of this they would get a possible Brewer whom I agree could become a
great player in their system.

What do we get?  We lose our best defender in Allen and don't replace
him, 2 steady players, a chance at the draft.  Wasn't this the greatest
draft to come along in years?

Now, Rashad Lewis for Theo and Delonte and we keep the pick, bring it
on.  We now get possibly 2 big quick guys for almost nothing.  We
basically make up for missing out on Durant and how!

Just another thought.  I'wouldn't give up on GG so easily.  He was
grossly mismanaged last season, except for a very few games, one of
which was the Spurs win when he was put in at just the right times to do
just the right things.

Jorge