Peja Stojakovic

R. Singh keltsfan at comcast.net
Thu May 20 17:55:04 CDT 2004

It's not that Peja is not a heckuva player. It's that he is a
complimentary player and any thought of him as being more than that is
not fair to him.  When you have an excellent defender in Hassell whose
sole responsibility is to follow Peja around the court and prevent him
from getting the ball let alone a clean look at the basket and an
offensive player that is athletically limited and doesn't have the
ability to create his own shot, that shooter can be contained
effectively.  Defensive tenacity can really screw up a shooter/scorer,
especially when that shooter/scorer is dependent on a teammate or team
setting up his shots for him.  Once the rythym and confidence is lost,
it is very difficult to get it back and near impossible if the guy
defending you is really good and passionate about his responsibilities.

Ravi