i like the idea Kim!

Mark Piotrowski markp at edu15.coe.ufl.edu
Tue May 18 14:09:26 CDT 2004

>Message: 14
>Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:15:49 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
>From: Kim <kimmalo at mindspring.com>
>Subject: Re: Just say no to Telfair
>To: Celtics <Celtics at igtc.com>
>
>Idle thought offer, since there's enough time to do this before the
>draft  - anyone want me to collect people's draft predictions for
>the Cs to compare with what really happens? I can keep them in a
>database, even post them up on the website where I'd put a couple of
>quick surveys, etc if desired...   Just need to figure out a few
>guidelines and if there's enough interest (JB, if you want to
>include offerings from Celticstuff, fine). Up to you guys.
>Kim

count me in as one who likes the idea (and one who loves virtual
GMing -- to a point; once the season starts i become much more of a
fan.  a few other things:

its good for postertiy -- everyone remembers Ray's Ernest Brown pick,
but who liked who in the more important 2001 draft?  Before the
archives were taken down i looked up my pick -- and it was
interesting to see where other people fell (i was pushing for Diop at
10, and Haywood or Tinsley at 21, can't remember 11 - maybe Johnson
if he fell.)

maybe to make things simpler, rather than have everyone all the time
switching picks to do it like NBADraft.net and have different
versions of our Celtic Mock Draft -- maybe everyone can make a "pick"
every 1-2 weeks (based on new info).  that way, it seems, you could
make a simple table on the website with 1-2 wk periods across the
top, our names across the left so you can track our picks too -- and
watch as Ray moves from one obscure Intl. player to the next.

finally -- should we differentiate btween who we'd like the C's to
pick and who we think they will.  This isn't as big a deal in the
record picking contest b/c we all want the C's to end up 82-0, but
reality sets in.

For example i think they might end up picking telfair @ 15, but I'd
rather they take wright (i haven't really decided that for myself
yet) but for purposes of our all -important contest, which should i
submit?  Am i smarter or dumber than Ainge?

thanks,
mark