Telfair Headed To The Clippers

Sean Giovanello sgiovanello at adelphia.net
Mon May 17 10:24:38 CDT 2004

Shawn,

Is that any worse than what you do in saying Ainge is 100% right and
anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid?

For me, I give Ainge a C- to this point for his running of the team.
That's hardly saying he doesn't know what he is doing.  Its hardly
saying he is destined to fail.  He has made mistakes and had some
successes.  Its discussing that that is interesting, not listening to
someone say either Ainge is right and anyone who disagrees be they fan
or media or former player or anyone else is stupid OR Ainge is stupid,
evil, and cant do anything right even if someone were to lay it all
right out in front of him.

Some people might enjoy reiterating their theme along those lines day
after day and month after month and year after year, but frankly I think
its far more interesting to take each trade, each move (or nonmove),
each hire, each fire etc and discuss it.  Over time a picture will
emerge.  For me, it's a guy who has earned a C-, who has an eye for
talent but hasn't laid out and consistently moved towards a clear vision
and far too often displays too much arrogance in his dealings.  Time
will tell if either of those will bite him in the ass or whether he is
capable of turning things around.