Re: The Who's Popularity Peak

Well, this is turning out to be an interesting debate.  I've asked a few
people (music-freaks, not Who-freaks - civilians, I guess) the question,
trying to be as non-leading as possible:

When did The Who reach their peak in popularity?

Out of the seven people who have responded:

Two have leaned toward the '69 - '71 period.
One has firmly stated 1982 & "that tour with the beer sponsor."
One claimed two peaks:  QUAD in '73 & the touring from '75 - '76. (?)
One stated their popular peak was 1973.
One said *either* the post TOMMY years or 1982's Farewell tour (lotta help).
And one sarcastically said 1984.

And here on the list we have Mark & Jim in favor of '69 - '71, & me, Dereck,
& Jon (I think) saying '79 - '82.

Anyone else want to chime in?

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism