Re: New Cd and new songs

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:46:53 EST
From: Keithjmoon70@xxxxxxx

Out of a careless remark came a "judgment" that changed the view he previously held of himself. She called him ugly. She also said that he didn't really look like "Elvis."

His mother lied to him and he was affected by it.

I think it's going too far to say she lied to him. It's a fact that Pete does not look like Elvis. You could make a fine case (and Pete does) for looking beyond appearances to the soul within -- his mother didn't do that, and (again, given what's presented in the song) I wouldn't argue if you wanted to call her insensitive and even mistaken. But a mistake is not a lie, and there's no reason to think that she was giving anything less than her honest opinion.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."