Re: Tommy Deluxe Edition

In a message dated 1/17/04 3:54:33 PM, Izzy writes:

<< Believe me, I own a copy of every released CD version of Tommy (and all
other Who albums), and I was very disappointed by the lack of lyrics.  I like my
Deluxe Editions to be the definitive version of the album, and any version
that does not contain all the original artwork cannot be the definitive version.
 In my opinion, with respect to rock albums at least, album sleeves and
artwork are an integral part of the album.  That's one reason why I don't like the
trend away from packaged CDs and toward downloaded MP3s. >>

I agree totally!  I don't really feel like I "own" the album if I just have a
downloaded/burned  copy, taped cassette, etc. (which is fine for something of
only casual interest).  I like the whole "product" (even though the music is
usually the most important aspect of it).  The artwork and packaging ARE
important to me... Which is also why I kinda prefer the LP's....

--Michael