Re: Saturday Night's All Right

Re: SNARFF

> I know it was for the EJ/BT tribute album, and I know the Who's
> connection to EJ, but for a band who doesn't get into the studio
> very often (and we all know THAT'S the understatement of the year),
> it's surprising that they would come out of "retirement" to record
> a cover song.  Does anyone know the background of this recording?

I found the following at:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Club/6041/Recordings/Lyrics/Roadrunner-
DITS-DIA-SNA.htm

When the surviving members of the Who reunited to record a song for
the Elton John/Bernie Taupin tribute project Two Rooms in 1991, they
couldn't decide which song to do. Elton's management wanted them to
record "Saturday Night," a song supposedly inspired by the Who, while
Pete wanted to do "Take Me To The Pilot." A compromise was struck when
part of "Take Me To The Pilot" was inserted as a middle eight into the
former song.

> And who played drums?

Jon Astley.

- SCHRADE in Akron