Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums

Did anyone else catch this recent issue?  I was
annoyed but not surprised that the most overrated
album of all time, 'Sgt. Pepper,' was #1, but even
more surprised that The Who had a fair number of
albums rather high up, unlike most countdowns of the
greatest albums!  I don't remember the exact
positions, but their albums represented were 'Tommy,'
MG (though they had to call it 'The Who Sings "My
Generation"'), SO, 'Quad,' WN, and LAL.  I don't
recall if WBN was also represented.  It was great to
see real albums on a list that was also littered with
modern-day crapola and greatest hits collections (no
matter how good the material is, a compilation isn't a
real album!).  I was also shocked to see 'Parsley,
Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme,' one of my favourite
albums, rather high upI've never seen it listed on
any list of greatest albums!

=====
Anna U. Mormack
"The bird fights its way out of the egg.  The egg is the world.  To be born one must first destroy a world.  The bird flies to God.  That god's name is Abraxas."

Which room of my Magick Theatre would you like to visit today?
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl (main page)
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl/updates.html
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl/rants.html
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl/albumreviews.html