Re: The Who's Popularity Peak

In a message dated 4/7/2004 9:02:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bushchoked@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> I was shocked when there was no line for tickets
> at the Silverdome box
> > office the day the tickets went on sale for the
> '89 tour.

Jon:

Really? Raleigh was full, that's 45k people without
the field, and the field was full too. This being
said, the South is the area of the country where
British bands are least popular.

Oh don't get me wrong, the Silverdome was packed at concert time. (And it is
huge) It just didn't have a line when tickets went on sale. Much different
from any other time.  Maybe because the fans now had families? I had two kids by
then. Not many "new" fans with no new music for the first time.  Another
difference was that in '89 they finally did away with the dreaded general admission
policy and actually gave us seat #'s. I had row one. (!) But I found out that
it was about a mile from the stage. sigh.

Jon in Mi.