Re: plot line of Boy Who Heard Music?

Thanks, Kevin.  Do you know about when that was
written?

>>I do remember Pete writing about how this fit into
his autobiography. Unfortunately, I can't find that.<<

Is this it, from Nov. 2000, during the 3d leg of the
2000 tour?

>>Manhattan in the rain

When I was waiting in Florida for this leg of the tour
to begin I tidied up a treatment I've been working on
called The Boy Who Heard Music. This grew directly out
of a workshop (and subsequent treatment) for music
theatre of Psychoderelict directed by Ethan Silverman,
with creative input from the actor Peter Gallagher. At
some point in the process I realised that this is a
piece I cannot let go. Not yet.

The Boy Who Head Music gathers together strands of
Lifehouse, Psychoderelict, and some incidents of
revelation from my childhood. It is therefore a
creative autobiography in some ways - like A Portrait
of the Artist as a Young Man, or Of Human Bondage. It
eventually comes to rest in the detritus packed
wasteland of my life in rock. Its roots are in the
immediate post-war years when it was possible and
permissable to have hopeful dreams and not merely the
cold and intelligent vengeanace required of the
budding pop artist today.
<<

=====
.