Re: NewOperaTwinkle

>From: "John Hughes"
>Subject: Re: NewOperaTwinkle
 >
>> > And who do you think is singularly responsible for popularizing the
>>bass? Hmmmm?
>
>For what it's worth,

It's worth alot

>For the vast majority of the general public, if they could answer, the
>answer is simply Paul McCartney or Sting.

You see, I disagree with this.
I think it takes an above average fan of music to even *know* that Paul and
Sting play bass.
The fact that they both play bass is a side-note in their careers.
Obviously IMO.

>For the vast majority of musicians anywhere it's John.

Yes.

>Just my tuppence worth.........

Feeding the birds?

Oh, and regarding your point

>Try adding at least 2 or 3 noughts onto that number. Sales of the "box
>sets" - both fancy schmancy one, and basic card box containing all 25 each
>hit the hundreds.

Wow.
Really?
I apologize, and stand corrected.
While I personally can't understand buying 25 CD's of the same set list, I
guess there are completists out there that will.
It's still surprising to me, if true.

Kevin in VT