Re: NewOperaTwinkle

Kevin, re

> >  Bass is an underappreciated instrument to the masses and they are the
ones that buy the bulk of the
> > tickets.
> >
> > And who do you think is singularly responsible for popularizing the
bass? Hmmmm?

For what it's worth, I think you'll find the answer to that question depends
on who you are talking to.

For the vast majority of the general public, if they could answer, the
answer is simply Paul McCartney or Sting.

For the vast majority of musicians anywhere it's John.

Just my tuppence worth.........

Oh, and regarding your point

> > I bought the entire 2002 tour on CD because I dug it so much.  Am I
wrong for this?  Am I stupid?

> > I purchased only CD's of shows I went to....for posterity. I won't say
you were wrong for buying *all* the 2002
> > CD, but I'd bet you are perhaps one of about............10?

Try adding at least 2 or 3 noughts onto that number. Sales of the "box
sets" - both fancy schmancy one, and basic card box containing all 25 each
hit the hundreds.

I'll restate that; from what I've been told, that's correct. I'll try and
get some confirmation on that point.

The point is there are probably around 5 - 10,000 or so absolutely dedicated
Who fans in North America  alone, and in the UK and Europe probably another
5 - 10,000 or so who will automatically buy every official release from the
Who or its solo members.

I do know for an absolutel fact that all 2,000 Pete solo Avatar box sets
were bought, despite the $75 cost.

A further 2,000 bought the first run of the lifehouse box set at another $75
or so, and since then it has steadily sold. For goodness' sake they were
selling it at every Who show in the UK in 2000 and people were buying it
then!

Personally I didn't go to the States to see any of the 2002 shows, but I
have 11 of the 25 Encore series and will almost certainly buy the other 14 -
as long as they remain available.

Cheers,

John