Re: Those Rat Bastards

On 28-09-2003 6:20 PM, "SicilianMother@xxxxxxx" <SicilianMother@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> If someone calls themselves loyal or hard core fan of the Who, why would they
> NOT go to a Who show, after a member dies?

Because one could feel its not the same anymore. Not better, not less, just
not what they're in for. You have to draw the line somewhere.

> Is it to "punish" the other members of the group?  If your a loyal fan, why
> don't you support them by going?

I have supported them in may ways. I'm still a fan of The Who. I don9t think
of Pete and Roger as being The Who. Nonetheless I'll buy everything.

> Because a member has died, are you so pissed at the surviving members that
> you are going to boycott the show?  It must be the surviving members "fault"
> that a member has died, so you show your distaste by NOT going to a show?
> Right?
> Wrong!!!

Whats distasteful about signing off? I think its quite distasteful that they
still call it The Who. Meaning this upcoming project. Its obvious they use
it to make money. A solo-Townshend project would never sell!!
This has nothing to do with John being gone. Townshend is IMHO the best Rock
composer in history. He needed the other 3 to prove that on stage and in
studio (apart from lifehouse) and it was fun while it lasted.

  I think the people who are so against Roger and Pete continuing, have
> some major personal issues and need to spend some quality time on a couch (in
> a psychiatrist office that is).

This last remark says a lot about you (if you really mean it?)

It takes a lot of guts and pain to criticize someone you love dearly.
There's no point hanging onto something that9s gone.

Lars