Re: Kevin, you misunderstand

Kevin writes:

> No one here said that, you rock fan dolt.
> But, considering Pete told Pino to "play loud, play very loud" your "hypothesis" is nonsense.
> They set sound at sound checks.
> But, each venue screwed things up.
> Plus, they have engineers who are much better than Pete and Rog at setting volume levels.
> What's naive is your belief that Pete wanted Pino to play
> quietly.

Name-calling unnecessary.  You implied that Pino had control over how loud he played, and that Roger and Pete had nothing to do with it based on the different volume levels from venue to venue (no rhyme or reason).  My only assertion is that Pete may have said he wanted Pino to play loud, but the overall sound he wanted the engineers to set was to mix the guitar and drums up and the bass a bit in the background.  This was modified a bit as the tour went on, as reviews from the second, third and fourth legs had the bass generally louder than the first.  I'm not saying Pete was actually setting the volumes, which is preposterous, but I think both he and Roger tell the engineers what they want in general, and then said engineers take care of the details.

It is a logical hypothesis, but again, as all hypotheses, it is just a guess.

Mc