Re: NewOperaTwinkle

> I remember visiting a friend, and the room was filled with folk staring
> at MTV like it was a new technology or something.

It was *the* thing back in '81-'82.  I remember getting home from school,
turning MTV on, watching until dinner time, watching after dinner & up
until bedtime, & then going to school the next day to discuss the videos
with friends.  Magical times.  Loads of Who, too!

> Not at all.  If you consider that John was the most famous bass player
> ever, then it's reasonable to conclude that this would pertain even more
> significantly to those that are actually attending Who concerts.

Whatever.  We're not getting anywhere with this argument.  We'll need to
take a poll.  Bend over.

> Next!

Oh you've proven nothing.  You're guessing just like I'm guessing.

> That must of hurt when you PULLED IT OUT OF YOUR ASS!

And just where are you getting *your* smelly information from?

> Yeah, at $50-75 a pop for shit seats.
> Right.

That's what *all* big major rock concerts are costing these days!  If you
wanna see a show, you're gonna have to pay that kind of money.  You can't
say that that's gonna weed out the lesser fans.  It won't.

> The pre-music-only *did* have too much talking on it.

Aw, did all those big words confuse poor Kevin?  Poor baby doesn't like all
that talking.  Plot too hard for poor baby to follow.  Poor baby want to
hear just music.  Aw, poor baby gonna cry.....

> I don't even *own* that version.

A HA!  Fair weather fan!

> So, AH-HA!

HO HO!  ;-p

> They were following Queensburry rules of boxing.
> Quite sophisticated.

I'm not gonna let you joke right over your incorrect assumption.  Plenty
of idiots go to Who shows.  Many idiots.  They fight.  They act like ass-
holes.  And they don't know or give a fuck who John Entwistle was.

> That's just Cleveland for ya.
> Dog Pound.  Dolts, etc.

OK.  You got me on that one.  ;-)

> Yeah, not like *us* sophisticants out getting hammered before, during,
> *and* after shows.  And, doing it for 4-5 days straight!

That's decadence on an intelligent level.  (?)

> Oh, but I did see you drinking a beer with your pinky up.

It's frozen that way from too many J's.

> I've got the damn Akronite cornered, and I..mean..BUSINESS!

Ha!  I'm able to breeze right through your shallow, fallacy-filled
"reasoning."

> Seeeee, there's a person right next to you who is already weighing the
> loss of John, his replacement, and whether he'll attend a show.

Uh, that would be John, the bass player in my band.  He attended Who shows
in 1989, 2000, & 2002.  Plus an Entwistle solo show.  He knows his OX.
He's not a "casual rock fan."  Nice try.

> I know it hurts to be proven wrong.

You would.  How's it feel yet again?

> And, the WINNA....IS..........ME!

Hmmmm....sounds like something George W. might have said after the election.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists -
that is why they invented hell.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)