Re: Who Album Covers

My faves are MBB&B, O&S, and AQO.  The first two were
actually the first two vinyl LPs I bought for myself,
MBB&B on 1 February 2001 and O&S on 3 April 2001.  I
didn't have a victrola yet at the time, but I'd heard
that the sound on the vinyl MBB&B was superior to the
CD and contained the long version of "MB" and the "I'm
a Boy" with horns.  It just happened to be great cover
art as well, and the two of them are still among the
LPs I've got on display in my room.  I got O&S on
vinyl just for the cover art, but also discovered in
December of that year when I got my first victrola
that there are also differences in the original sound.
 I was disappointed that the titles weren't embossed
on braille in the back like I'd read, but at least I
could finally make out what was written on the poster
of Bobby Pridden on the back!  I would love to get the
British LP just to get the braille on the back.

Probably my least-favourite Who LP cover is 'Who's
Last,' which I believe was the third LP I bought for
myself, 29 September 2001.  I rarely play it anyway;
it's at the very back of my LP box, I believe in front
of 'Sounds of Silence' and behind some other album I
rarely play.  Of course I haven't played any of my
vinyl LPs since the night before my accident; haven't
been able to reach down, carry it over to the player,
and push the buttons and then turn it over and put the
arm on in my condition!  The last of my vinyl LPs I
played was 'Bridge Over Troubled Water,' and when I
get my right leg back I'm going to play all of my
albums from end to end to make up for the past 5 weeks!

=====
Anna U. Mormack
Welcome to My World:
Main Page:  http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl