Pure but not easy

>Wow. Mark, that is what I come here for. Thanks!

>This IS very cool...........thanks for taking us there.........I love it!!!

Jo and Jon:

Gee, I must have told that story (in more detail) 100 times or more here already! More details real quick: I was disappointed they didn't do but one Quad song (being the previous album and my favorite from first listen): Drowned...which Rog dedicated for the people getting crushed in the front. They must have still felt burnt from the technical glitches of the tour before. I also wish they'd done I'm Free, a song I never did get to see them play live (although my other wishsong, The Relay, I got in 2000). During the Tommy segment they used the infamous laser lights. They did a song I didn't recognize, but upon listening to boots of that tour must have been Roadrunner (although they didn't do the "blues" version of MG). I was more familiar with the Animals version, which is quite different and probably why I didn't recognize it.

>Regarding Mark's below memory, I have to make another comment. That
description really captures the essence of the Who's magic, when it was Pete, Roger, Keith and John.

Yeah, that is what I call "the unmitigated Who." Just them, nothing but pure Rock Music. Oh, it was pure alright but not easy! For all I'd heard about their live performances, I still wasn't prepared for the reality of it. 1975 was the last year Keith was completely top form, so I feel fortunate I was able to see that. But to be fair I have to mention that both Pete and John were better in 2000. (note: ask Jon Dawson sometime about his first words to me after the Atlanta show). So as strange as it might seem, on balance the 2000 tour was pretty close to their peak years. Those who were fortunate enough to catch that tour shouldn't feel cheated.

Cheers         ML

Please visit us on the web for frequently updated stock listings:
www.amazon.com/shops/mleaman2