BIG NEWS on Pete's page

WHO NEWS

The band has agreed upon a work plan for the coming year and beyond. At present Pete is involved in setting up a team to do a 5.1 remix of Quadrophenia, which will be released along similar lines to the upcoming Tommy release. An extended version is also planned for the same release, opening the story up for future theatrical and DVD versions.

His main creative work will be songs for a new Who album. These will be based on his story, now complete, The Boy Who Heard Music. He and Roger plan to demo the new material before the end of the year prior to going into record the album in March 04. This of course will be the band's first studio album since 1982 'It's Hard.' The proposed release date for the album is the early Summer and the idea is to follow it up with a US and UK tour, taking in other regions in 2005.

Both Pete and Roger wanted to share this information with you at an early stage. It is hoped that the recording sessions will be filmed for webcasting and that some live, interactive sessions, via the website, will also take place.

To tie in with this period of activity the www.petetownshend.com chatboard will reopen on Oct 2nd.

Matt

This is huge news.  Oddly, I just ran across it after watching a couple of the Daltrey videos from that benefit he did with Simon and Zack.  I have one concern, however.  If the album is called The Boy Who Heard Music, it will be more fodder for comedians to take cheap shots at Pete's legal problems.  It will dredge up more attention for something we all (most of all Pete) want to forget.  Maybe they'll consider an alternate name.  In any event, I think this news fires us all up.  Just hope those Pete/Roger fights don't rear their ugly heads again... or maybe we do, since it's that fire which led to some of the best Who music.

Mc