Re: Farewell tours?

> > True, although on the last night of the 1997 tour, Pete said, "This is
> our
> last show on this tour...any tour."
>
> Mike:
>
> How many times does that make so far he's said it's over?

Mark,

I'm not sure... I don't really take that sort of thing to heart
anymore...Pete probably says that at some point during each tour.  It seems, however,  that
it's usually the press that tries to suggest that, even when the band doesn't
(i.e. the Seatle times reviewed the Tacoma 1989 show and said, "the concert
was part of the band's farewell tour." ...yet I don't recall The Who billing it
as such).

At some point during the 1989 tour, when asked about the 1982 "Farewell,"
Pete said, "I reserve the right to change my mind."  That's good enough for me.
I am glad he did change his mind, or I would never have seen them, yet I have
gotten to see them several times.

I think Pete later amended his "farewell tour" notion by saying 1982 was the
end of The Who as a regular working band (i.e recording and touring on a
regular basis).

Anyway, since I missed them in 1982 ( I was just starting to get into them
and was too young to drive anywhere to see them), I am glad to have gotten
whatever they have given me since...

--Mike