Re: John's absence

> Hell, the reactions alone to the video footage in Tour 2002 prove that.

Well, he had just died and there was all sorts of mainstream press attention given to him.  The average Joe had likely seen or heard of him at that point.

> So, he *will* indeed be missed, and he *won't* be easily replaced.
> Not by a long shot.

This is has never been debateable.  It was very far from my actual point.

> People were understanding in 2002.

I disagree.  The shows were unbelievable, and the average concert goer, peripheral Who fan would go again based on how great it was, and wouldn't stay away because John won't be there.

> But, for another tour to have impact, the bassist had
> better jam.
> Pino was alright.
> But, Pino didn't jam.

I hypothesize that he was asked not to.  I think Pete and especially Roger wanted a more low key bass performance, sticking to simple fills and note changes.  I can guarantee Pino can jam with the best of them.  If they unshackle him, he'll fit in well.

Mc