5.1 releases

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken in MD"

> We'll see. Apparently Eel Pie is abuzz with activity
> these days, with word that Pete is now working on a
> 5.1 surround mix of Quad.  These, coupled with the
> TKAA project, surely mean there is enough momentum to
> do _something new_.

I'm a little confused about these new releases.  They are SACD, right?  Can
they be played on ordinary CD players?  Does a simple stereo amp. play them
as stereo, or do you need a surround sound system?

I never bought most of the remaster cds.  I wonder if all of the albums are
coming out in this format, with extra material.  Of course, it will probably
be different extra material than the remasters.

Jim M