Re: No John and DVD sales

> Now, if TKAA DVD really sells, and The Who does go into the studio and comes out with a rocking album full of fresh sounds and thought provoking and reflective material, it
> (momentum) could indeed take off again.
> But no John.
> No John.
> No John.
> That's a tough one to get over.
> No John.

For us Who fanatics, John's absence hurts badly, but let's be honest, the general public doesn't care much.  Most people don't know his name, and may only have heard of him because he died.  Most of the people who go to Who concerts at large arenas are simply fans of the music, but don't know much about the band other than Roger is lead singer and Pete does windmills on guitar.  John's absence will likely not hurt ticket sales a whole lot.

As for the DVD, it NEDDS PROMOTION, a la Led Zeppelin going live on satellite radio to promote the CD/DVD package they put out earlier this year.  I heard Plant live in Baton Rouge via satellite, as he was simulcast all over the country.  It was advertized on TV!  The Who's publicity people (or the production company's PR people) need to get off their asses and really SELL this thing.  It lends itself to TV ads because one can show shots of windmills, the WGFA slide, autodestruction, etc.  Who WOULDN'T be at least curious as to what the DVD contained after seeing clips of The Who live.

Mc