"F*** Pete Townshend and the song that he sung / I donít wanna die while Iím still young."

Sept. 14, 2003
Ewan McGregor misunderstands "My Generation" <http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=80044868&p=8xx45574>
Star Wars" star records rap song decrying early deaths of rock stars.
Includes lines "F*** Pete Townshend and the song that he sung / I donmt wanna die while Imm still young."
Song written by Simon Boswell. May be released later this year.
McGregor song mocks tragic heroes
14/09/2003 - 15:01:29
Trainspotting star Ewan McGregor has recorded a song which raps the fast-living lifestyles of rock stars, it emerged today.

In the satirical rap song, the actor will mock famous people who died young such as rock stars Jimi Hendrix, Sid Vicious and Marc Bolan.

The song has been penned by avant garde composer Simon Boswell and attacks the hedonistic excesses of tragic stars, the Sunday Times reported.

The expletive-laden lyrics of the song refer to the line by Pete Townshend of The Who in the Song My Generation: "I hope I die before I get old".

McGregor, who comes from Crieff, Perthshire, sings: "F*** Pete Townshend and the song that he sung / I don't wanna die while I'm still young."

The song continues: "Don't wanna be Sid Vicious, be a c*** and OD / Or get it on like Marc Bolan, wrap my Mini round a tree / Don't wanna take a jet and have some terrorist bomb it / Don't wanna be like Jimi Hendrix and make a meal of my vomit."

McGregor, who played a heroin addict in Trainspotting, also attacks The Doors singer Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Hollywood star James Dean in the song.

Nirvana frontman Cobain, 27, was found dead by his wife Courtney Love in 1994 after he committed suicide using a shotgun.

Morrison died, also aged 27, from a heart attack in a bathtub in Paris in 1971 while Rebel Without A Cause star Dean died aged 24 in a California car crash in 1955.

In the rap song, McGregor sings: "Don't wanna be Jim in the bath singing this is the end / Or James Dean in a Porsche saying 's*** here's a bend' / Don't want my wife to be like Courtney, find my brains on the floor / Or be found hanging like a raincoat on the back of the door".

The song, which also features British actor Ray Winstone and may also feature Hollywood star Kevin Spacey, is due to be released later this year.