Re: Getting Into (or sick of) The Who

> Other than The Who, I've really gotten into Hendrix, Joplin, The Police,
> The Doors, Rush.

Those aren't shitty bands!  I want shitty!

> I'm still pissed at Sting for leaving The Police.  I strongly believe
> his career has suffered as a result.

Yeah sure, all those sales of his solo albums have really hurt him.  Since
leaving the Police, Sting has become huge!  He's way more popular now than
when he was in the Police.

BTW, I've always believed Pete was looking for the kind of solo success
that Sting enjoyed.  That adult-contemporary solo success.  Worked for
Sting,
didn't work for Pete.

> The Police were poised to be really BIG.

Poised?  They *were* big!  SYNCHRONICITY?  C'mon!  That album was mega-huge!

> Snaid,

You mean my sweet darling Sinead O'Connor?  Mmmmm....  Question:  Why do
I keep spending money on Sinead O'Connor even though all her releases since
1990 have pretty much sucked?

> I had the long sweeping bangs to go along with that movement.

Commonly known as a "Human League swoop-cut."

> I remained loyal to The Who until Grunge offered an alternative.  I loved
> the movement, and still see it as the last fresh breath that we've seen.

I see Grunge as a movement that made rock music suck & is *still* making
rock music suck.  Goddamn Nirvana fucked it all up.  The same way Green Day
did a few years back.  Rock is still struggling to climb out of that mushy
swamp of horrid music.  (Perhaps I should watch what I say, seeing that
Kurt Cobain is a much better guitar player than Pete Townshend according to
Rolling Stone Magazine; and a much better singer than Roger Daltrey
according
to Q Magazine.)

> I still really miss Soundgarden.

A ha!  There's a shitty band I was looking for!

> Now, other than Cake, I really don't listen to anything but The Who.

You gotta be kidding me.  Cake & The Who?  That's it?  Two bands?  Cake?
Cake?  When I hung out with you in 2002 you were into all sorts of music
including that weird but entertaining blue-grass band.  Cake?  Cake?

> But, I have to say, that since the Pedophile thang broke, I haven't been
> really pulling Who CD's from the shelf, or *any* Cd's for that matter.

Hmmmm....why is that?  Because you feel Pete is truly a pedophile?

> But, you always got to come home to mama.

Apparently, at your house, mama's serving Cake.  Cake?

Cake?

- SCHRADE in Akron

To pursue science is not to disparage the things of the spirit. In fact, to
pursue science rightly is to furnish the framework on which the spirit may
rise.
   - Vannevar Bush, 1953

He that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
   - Ecclesiastes 1:18

Cake?