TKAAChickenPOORWIFE and Jon takes a break from the Zep list.

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Jeff Stein Interview About TKAA
>
>I was literally rooting
>around the dumpster out back and found film cans and there was a gig from
>the London Coliseum, around 1969-'70.

Jesus shit.
(Really. He did.)

>Subject: NY Times Article About TKAA
>
>my favorite extra of all: performance footage of
>the late and, yes, great bass player John Entwistle, with his audio track
>isolated so you can hear every elegant, improvised fillip, every sonorous
>burr and thrum. Turn it up loud enough, and it could float you away, as
>if it were a velvet cushion with wings. (Sept. 30.)

OOOO-k.  That did it.  I'm sold.  Can't wait.  Holly hell, I can't wait.

>Subject: Re: Chicken or the egg........
>
>I belong to no such KISS list, Mr. O'Neal.

Scott and Kiss sitting in a tree,
K.I.S.S.I.N.G!

>Besides, if I left this list
>I'd miss out on those riveting, hometown stories of yours

Oh that hurt.

>that usually
>end up with you heckling or shouting at some band on stage.  Good thing
>your son's too young to be embarrassed.

He heckled too!

>But that poor wife of yours......

She's paid handsomely.

>Yes, eyeliner on occasion.

It's been a long while for me.
College?  Shrooming?

>But I haven't dressed up as a KISS member since
>around 1979 or so.  I was always Peter Criss, the drummer!

And you'll admit that here?
Be afraid, be very afraid.

>I'd be willing to bet he was the only one who saw the value in it - how it
>could be a wonderful tool for the band to get publicity.

How much?
Ha!  Just kidding.  You're likely correct.

>The guy's got big balls, what can I say?  ;-)

I hear they're always bouncing from the left and to the right.

>BTW, I really do enjoy your "hometown stories," Cousin Kevin.

Too late.  The damage is done.
More therapy.  ;-|

>But your poor
>wife.....  ;-)

It aint easy, being (with) cheesy.

>From: SicilianMother@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Chicken or the egg........
>
>>I see the equipment smashing more as an angry, sincere, manager-approved
>>gimmick.  But a gimmick nonetheless.
>
>Have you ever felt that rush of adrenaline that feels so powerful, and
>sometimes dangerous?

Yeah, every time he throws up in his Kiss Trash Can.

>From: SicilianMother@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Remembering Keith Moon
>
>>I spin to look at the stage, and raise my hands over my head and let out a
>>"Wooooo WHOooooo!"
>
>Hey Kevin,

Hey Jo,

>The first thing I thought when I read this was

The *very* first thing????  ;-)

>"your carrying your baby in a
>pack Kevin, your going to make the baby cry with your loud voice!".  I bet
>your baby must have jumped when you did this.

Actually, not a peep until he started heckling the lead singer (that's my boy!).
Now, the other day when mom turned on the vacuum cleaner right next to him, he froze with a look of horror on his face.  Guess he figured.."If I just don't move, it won't see me!"
Had to rescue him real quick there.

>Or is he/she used to sudden, loud
>vocal outbursts, like my kids have come to be? hehe

I've definitely numbed him a bit to loud outbursts.
Hey, I'm his crazy wacky daddy!
Fun sometimes.  A pain in the ass, others.
He's teaching me to tell the difference

>From: Nelson9792@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Music vs. Lyrics
>
>All of this recent discussion (largely negative) regarding bands such as
>AC/DC, KISS and Led Zeppelin has got me thinking again about why there is such
>hostility among SOME Who fans towards hard rock bands in general.

Because The Who is great, and the others suck, and The Who doesn't get it's proper respect.

>From: Keithjmoon70@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Music vs. Lyrics
>
>I am confident enough about my Who

Is that what you call it?  Circumsized, I take it?

>to give another band a compliment.

You just like Plant's jean-bulge.
Admit it.

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Music vs. Lyrics
>
>Hey, everybody!  Look who took some time out from his nice, friendly
>Led Zeppelin mailing list to drop us a line!  Why it's Jon in Mi!  Remember
>him?

Isn't that the dude who used to be a Who fan before turning to Jesus????

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Music vs. Lyrics
>
>> What in general (and specifically with The Who) is more important, the Music
>> or the Lyrics?
>
>Damn good question.  The music's gotta be the most important.  The music hits
>you first.  That's what grabs you.  Appreciation - or at the least, acceptance -
>of the lyrics comes later.

Damn good answer.

Kevin in VT